Sunday, January 13, 2019




Beauty of earth 

Emerald Fluorite 

I have decided to start a series on my blog dedicated to naturals stones. Some of them are used for jewelry making and some of them for industrial purposes only.

Each week I will choose 2 stones from my own collection and provide information on it.I invite you to come along with me on this journey of discovery. 

Because I have so many friends that love the color green, for my first post I choose the Emerald Fluorite.

Fluorite comes in a wide range of colors that is way it is called " the most colorful mineral in the world". Every color of the rainbow in , in various shades, are represented by fluorite.

 The most common colors you can find it are: 
                        purple, green, yellow or colorless.

 Less common are:
                        pink, red, white, brown and black.  

The color of this stone is determined by multiple factors as :
                        exposure to radiation, impurities.  


Natural fluorite mineral has ornamental uses.  It can be drilled into beads and used for jewelry, it can be used for ornamental carvings. And because is relatively soft it is used as a semiprecious stone.

This is all for this stone, next stone is going to be also of green color. An amazing stone called Fuchsite.

Thank you for stopping by !




No comments: